The baby stuff is done, it’s time to pack up the knitting for a little while. Time to get some other things done!
Here’s a sampling, in somewhat prioritized order, of what I hope to accomplish in the coming weeks:
- Darn husband’s socks! Poor guy has been waiting for weeks.
- Finish the baby quilt before baby’s birthday. Sheesh.
- Put together Boo’s Easter basket — cupcake theme this year, for my little chef.
- Present for Baby’s birthday!
- Catch up on kid’s photo albums!
- Finish organizing craft room! (Actually this is high priority for while the boy’s are gone.)
- Make birthday, sympathy and easter cards.
- Prioritize “fix it” sewing pile, including H’s trousers and green sparkly bag.
- Prioritize other sewing/crafting projects
- READ! I have a huge list of books that I really want to read, starting with this month’s API Bookclub selection: Sleepless in America.
- Make a draft dodger for basement door — needed badly!
- Make a sewing machine cover
- Make wet bags — both for diaper bag and for bathroom can
- Boo’s curtains and liners
- Turn maroon pullover fleece into cardigan
- Maternity flannel blanket (made from maternity shirts and baby blankets)
- Also: work on bike!
I’m sure there’s more, but this seems like a good place to start. When I get to a point where I’m happy and feel like knitting again, I have two projects planned. Mittens for Aunt #2 for Christmas, and a Shetland Triangle scarf for myself. YUM!
I’m actually excited about all this. Doesn’t take much, does it?
** Incidently not all knitting is done. I still have socks in the car and advent socks that I’m making every month. But long term projects like that don’t count, right? 😀