Rrriiiippppp

Sigh. Rusted Root has been returned to yarn.

Sometimes  you just have to face facts. When I tried it this last time, it was clearly too big. TOO BIG. Can you believe that? The arms, which are supposed to be cute little capped puff sleeves (the argument that that would suit my frame can be left for another day as it is), were almost to my elbows. Honestly.

I thought at first that I could just rip it back a few inches and proceed with shorter arms, but the truth is the gauge is off by .5 a stitch an inch which equals to 12 extra inches over the course of the whole circumference of the top. No wonder it was too big. Good grief.
So, I ripped the whole thing back to just yarn. Going to try again after the holiday knitting has finished. There were two other things that were bugging me that hopefully I can fix this time around. 1) The neck was a wee bit too tight. Not tight, exactly, but I like a nice, loose collar. So I’m going to cast on more than the original suggestion. 2) I wasn’t sure about where the raglan increases were lying, I think they need to be more towards my actual arms (thereby also narrowing the amount of stitches used for the humongous sleeves). So I’m going to assign more stitches to the chest area than the sleeves. Lastly, I need to decide if I’m going to keep the puff sleeves or just to straight ones. I’ve got a while to decide on that one 🙂

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Rrriiiippppp

  1. Jenn says:

    You would not believe how many times I’ve been bitten in the butt by thinking “Oh, the gauge is just a LITTLE bit off, it will be fine!” All those half stitches really add up!

Comments are closed.