Along with knitting, I also have about one thousand and one sewing projects looming in my head. Most practical, and mostly I’m trying to use up the meager fabric stash that I have. H think I have too much fabric as it is — little does he know.
So here’s some things I’m thinking of making in the near future:
- Diapers. Of course. I did a recent diaper count and we’re actually going ot be okay, I think. I have the stuff to make some All In Ones so I want to go ahead and make some of those in small and small-medium as our “out and about” dipes. I didn’t discover these until Boo was in tall mediums so the stash is lacking in that department. I also have a shitload of sherpa fabric.
- We could use some more storage solutions. I never did make that jean pocket quilt I wanted to make, which turned out ot be a good thing seeing as we’re not hanging anything up here. It occured to me the other day that I could still use these pockets though! I want to make a hanging pocket thingie for the crib, and two hanging pocket thingies for the changing table. Voila! Storage.
- I’d like to make some “project bags” for my knitting. Excellent use of extra fabric 🙂
- I need to make a needle bag for my circular needles as well as my meager crochet hook collection, like the one I’ve already made.
- Slings! I have one that needs rings to be sewn on, one that needs the shoulder redone and new rings sewn on, and one in my head that I don’t have the fabric for yet. Ahem.
- Baby quilt. But I’ve already talked about that.
- I have a few fixer-upper projects to finish.. some onesies to serge off the snaps (how do people use onesies at the age of 2?? I don’t get it) and a shirt of mine to hem the sleeves short.
- A quiet book. I’ve already written about that as well.
- I know there are more, but that’s all I can think of at the moment! Consider this a prioritized list then 🙂
Now, if I can just get back my sewing machine (it broke! eek!) and find time to sew!!