Dissolvable interfacing anyone?

I happened to catch a scrapbooking show on the DIY channel and saw the coolest idea.

Apparently there is such a thing as “dissolvable” interfacing. What this woman did for her scrapbook was take a piece of this interfacing, spray it with some sort of sprayable glue, lay pieces of fiber all over it, spray it again and put on another piece of interfacing. Then she sewed the whole thing together in a grid and dissolved the interfacing. The pieces of fiber then remain sewn together but very flexible. I took one look at that and thought: Oooo accessory.

Now, I have not found this mysterious “dissolvable” interfacing yet but I’m looking. This is a very intriguing idea. Such possibilities!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Dissolvable interfacing anyone?

  1. mshellion says:

    You’re posting to yourself? Honey, you’re not getting cabin fever already are you? All work and no play makes Carrie a dull boy…um, you know what I mean. =)

  2. eek says:

    Wow. I have no idea what you just said! What the hell is interfacing? I pictured buzzwordy business assholes talking to one another. Look, ma! We’re interfacing! And then they slowly dissolved into the air.

    (cue sad music)

  3. Carrie Yandell says:

    Hee. Interfacing is usually that white stuff you see on the underside of clothes that makes it stiffer. Like on the lapels of a jacket or sometimes on those goofy blouses older ladies wear where there’s that horrible 3 inch piece of fabric on the inside that never stays in place. That’s interfacing. Usually hate the stuff.

Comments are closed.